Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Who's name did you just say??

Last night as I was reading the last few chapter of Leviticus, there were a few verses that got me thinking.

Leviticus 24: 10-16

10
One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father came out of his tent and got into a fight with one of the Israelite men. 11 During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the Name of the Lord with a curse. So the man was brought to Moses for judgment. His mother was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan. 12 They kept the man in custody until the Lord’s will in the matter should become clear to them. 13 Then the Lord said to Moses, 14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard the curse to lay their hands on his head. Then let the entire community stone him to death. 15 Say to the people of Israel: Those who curse their God will be punished for their sin. 16 Anyone who blasphemes the Name of the Lord must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel.


Some people now a days use Gods name without thinking. They think so what its just words. Or they tell me it shouldn't bother me. Well really it should bother me so much that I want to throw rocks at you. I wonder how well that would be received on the streets. (It might actually be kind of fun minus the "to death" part!)

No comments:

Post a Comment